If you’re having trouble getting your battery to work, there is usually an easy fix. It is very rare to have a defect since we quality check all our products. Almost 95% of the batteries customers return to us as “defective” are, upon inspection, found to be completely operational. Battery failures can be frustrating so please read through to help you locate and fix the problem.
- Is your battery charged? If your battery is charged, the battery button will light up when pressed. If the light does not come on, plug your battery in to give it a chance to charge. Charging Lights:If the charger is showing a red light this means it is the process of charging the battery. If the charger light is green this means your battery is fully charged. If the bottom is glowing red and it’s working then you are set.
- Has the center post been pushed in too far, preventing contact with your cartridge? This is an extremely common issue. If you screw your cartridge or charger into your battery with too much force, it can push the central tube of your cartridge up too far causing it to lose contact with your battery. To fix this issue, look closely at the threaded end of your cartridge. You will see a round disc in the center of this end. This is the center post. Use a thumbtack, paperclip or similar object. Stick it in between the center post and the threads and gently raise the center post. To prevent this issue, always be gentle when screwing a cartridge or charger on to your battery.
- The Contact between the battery, cartridge, and USB is dirty. How do I clean my Med-ePen™?Over 80% of all questions can be solved by cleaning the cartridge and the battery contacts. Overtime, e-liquid or product can build up in the threaded end of your battery and on the contact of your cartridge. This can prevent your pen from making a connection with your cartridge or your charger. Extend the life of your vapor pen by cleaning it once a week with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. Cleanliness is next to Vapiness!
- Hold the Button Down. If you purchased a vape pen with a button, please make sure to hold the button down while vaping. It will not work if you do not hold the button down.
- What is the best way to charge my battery? Did you know that your battery only has a limited amount of charges? Too frequent charging will kill the battery and shorten the battery life. Extend the life of your vape pen by recharging only when it is almost out of energy and you will save time and money. We recommend charging the battery for a maximum of 4 hours.
- Is your battery turned on? If your battery is charged and the battery button is still not lighting up when pressed, your battery may be switched off. Batteries come with an ON/OFF button that allows you to fully deactivate them to prevent accidental discharge in your purse or pocket. To turn your battery on or off, press the battery button five times in quick succession within a few seconds. The battery light will blink indicating the unit has been turned on or off. If the cartridge is not firing then it’s likely a cartridge issue.
- How do I clean my Med-ePen™?Overtime, e-liquid or product can build up in the threaded end of your battery. This can prevent your battery from making a connection with your cartridge or your charger. Extend the life of your vapor pen by cleaning it once a week with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. Cleanliness is next to Vapiness!
- Why should I avoid cheap pens? Not all the pens and lithium batteries are created equal. Sub quality batteries can explode causing harm to patient and property. Google “vape pen explosion”. That is why we source all of our batteries and accessories from certified manufacturers who also manufacture batteries used in cell phones, laptops and other mainstream electronics. Your safety is our number one concern.
- Do all vape pen companies use the same size battery in their cases? Beware of small batteries hidden in big cases with foam. Unscrupulous vape pen manufacturers use cheap foam to disguise small batteries. All #MedePen™ are made with bigger batteries than our competition so you get the long charge you need for your medical conditions.
- What is the difference between a “Gpen”, an “Open”, an “Epen” and the “Medepen”? A Gpen is a concentrates vaporizer made by a company called Grenco Science. An Open, made by a company called OpenVape is also a concentrates vaporizer more suitable for mostly oil-based concentrates. An Epen is a vape pen made by a company called Vype and is more steered toward nicotine and ecig based liquids for use. The Medepen line of Vape Pens is our product line, which are refillable and can be used for everything from medical oils and wax to using Medepen like an ecig with nicotine juice or ejuice.
- Where can I buy Nicotine Juice or Other Concentrates to use with my Medepen Vaping Pen Kit? As far as being able to purchase nicotine juice, most likely you can look up local shops close to you on the Internet by searching the term e-juice store, or e-cig store. As far as concentrates are concerned such as wax, CO2 Oil, Wax and other concentrates, the laws can vary from state to state. If you are in a medical use state, you must have a card from a state run medical program and will be able to purchase medical products from a licensed dispensary once you are registered. If you happen to live in a recreational state, such as Colorado, and you are 21 years old or over, you can purchase concentrates from a recreational use dispensary, which can be searched for via the Internet.
- What is e-juice (e-liquid)? E-juice (also known as e-liquid) is a liquid used in vaporizers (also known as e-cigs or e-cigarettes). E-juice is a fluid that is turned into breathable vapor inside of a refillable vape pen or e-cig. E-juice is used as refillable liquid for refillable vape pens or e-cigs.
- What is vaporizing or vaping? Thanks to greatly improved vaporizing technology, vaping has become popular with both smokers and non-smokers. Vaping is in many cases used as an alternative to smoking and also can help in quitting cigarettes. With smoking no longer allowed in most bars and restaurants, vaping offers what many consider a great alternative to walking outside to have a cigarette. Vaping does not produce any smoke, only vapor. This vapor dissipates quickly and leaves almost no scent whatsoever.
- Did you prime the chamber? When you first attach a new cart on to a battery it is recommended to prime the chamber so that you don’t burn the delivery system. 2 to 4 small pulses in the beginning will prime the chamber of your vape pen.
- Does e-juice produce smoke? No, e-juice does not produce smoke. The effect of e-juice may look like smoke but it is simply vapor and nothing more.
- How long does a cartridge of e-juice last? Our largest cartomizer can hold up to 1.5ml of e-juice. We sell a range of cartomizer sizes such as 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 1.0 and 1.5ml refillable sizes. Each person’s vaping style affects the length of use, but on average a 1.5ml cartomizer will last for: Non-Smokers:1-3+ days depending on frequency of use, Light Smokers: 1 full day, Heavy Smokers: 1 half day to 1 full day.
- I’m not a smoker, will I like vaping at all? Many people vape who aren’t even smokers also enjoy the flavor of e-juice which also comes in just flavors with no nicotine content whatsoever. Vaping can also be a viable alternative for patients who don’t like the experience of smoking or dry concentrates and instead prefer to use a refillable vape pen such as Medepen for their concentrates and oils.
- I’m trying to quit smoking, will vaping help? It can assist smokers, at this time the US FDA has not approved this method as a smoking cessation device/method. It has been known among people that have smoked cigarettes that it is a helpful method of cutting down on cigarettes or quitting.
- Are vaporizers (e-cigs) allowed in public places? Portable vaporizers and e-cigs are typically allowed in public where smoking may be prohibited. Please ensure that you check with the establishment (bar, restaurant, shopping, etc.) as some businesses may not allow the use of portable vaping pens. In most cases it is ok but double check to make sure.
- What is a “cartomizer” or a “clearomizer”? The most important part of an e-cig or portable vape pen is the “atomizer”. This is the electrical part of the vaping system that heats and vaporizes the e-juice to produce the tasty vapor. The “atomizer” is placed inside a clear (or colored) cart, which is called a “cartomizer” or a “clearomizer” (for transparent carts). The cartomizer draws e-juice from its reservoir and uses that reservoir to bring a consistent supply of e-juice to the atomizer.
If none of these suggestions work, contact customer service for help! You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We gladly accept suggestions for additions to our Vaping and Oil FAQ list.
STORE | WHOLESALE | ABOUT | CONTACT| 310-844-7671